OFTC Pays Tribute to Veterans | Schools
Oconee Fall Line Technical College’s (OFTC) Student Government Association (SGA) held Veterans Day programs at its North and South Campuses on November 7th honoring the men and women that have served and protected this great country.
The South Campus (Dublin) Veterans Day program was held in the Porter Center with more than 50 attendees who came to honor and recognize the veterans. OFTC Provost Beth Crumpton recognized the veterans present at the event, and several audience members spoke and thanked the veterans for serving our country.
The North Campus (Sandersville) Veterans Day program was held in the atrium with more than 100 attendees who came out to honor and recognize the veterans. The program was led by North Campus SGA president Mathew Anderson and featured keynote speaker (Ret) U.S. Air Force Major David Cannon. Students from Washington County High School Chorus also sang several songs for the event.
OFTC’s faculty, staff, and students offer their sincere thanks to all of the veterans and active military men and women for their service.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Downtown Macon Second Street Corridor Project underway
- Iconic downtown Macon restaurant reopens Aug. 13
- Former 13WMAZ anchor files whistleblower lawsuit against Ga. National Guard
- Small Grease Fire at Fincher's Barbecue
- Macon hosted its first sponsorship by giving away backpacks loaded with school supplies.