Businessman Assists with Armed Robbery Arrest | News
Thanks to a businessman in Dublin, a man accused of 13 armed robberies across two states is in jail.
According to Dublin Police Chief Wayne Cain, Savannah native Robert Cole walked into a Neighbors Express gas station and placed a bag on the counter, around 7:15 p.m. Sunday.
Cole showed a gun, which turned out to be a pellet gun, and told the cashier to place the money from the cash register in the bag, the chief said.
After he received the money, Cole got into his car and left. Cain said a business man buying a newspaper outside the store saw the robbery and followed him.
The man got close enough in his car to take down Cole's vehicle information which allowed Georgia State Patrol and Treutlen County Sheriff's Deputies to catch him at the Burger King off Interstate 16.
Cain said the man did not wish to be identified.
Cole has been linked to four armed robberies in Athens as well as eight others in parts of Georgia and Florida, Cain said.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire