I-16 West in Laurens Now Open After Wrecks | News
The Georgia State Patrol says all lanes of I-16 west in Laurens County are now open after cleanup from last week's fatal crashes.
A two-mile stretch of the right-hand lane has been closed since last Wednesday's accidents. The state patrol says part of the highway was "incinerated" by the fiery crashes that involved 27 vehicles and killed four people.
The state patrol says cleanup was completed this weekend.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire