One Dublin Leader on Most Influential List | News
Mercer University President William Underwood is the only Macon resident represented on Georgia's Power List this year.
In the profile, Underwood is creditied with helping increase Mercer's enrollment by more than 20 percent and the implementation of the Center for Collaborative Journalism.
The annual list in the most recent edition of Georgia Trend Magazine alphabetically lists what the publication calls, "the state's most powerful and influential citizens" who affect the lives and livelihoods of all Georgians.
Two other individuals from Central Georgia were included this year; Musician, tree farmer and conservationist, Chuck Leavell from Bullard and the President of the Dublin-Laurens County Chamber of Commerce Willie Paulk.
In an editorial column, the editors of Georgia Trend said, "If you didn't make the list this year, take heart. You're in good company, one of 10 million other Georgians who are also exerting some influence."
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire