East Dublin Man Charged With Shooting Woman | News
An East Dublin man is accused of shooting his ex-girlfriend.
Lt. Greg Dominy of Dublin police says it happened just before 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Emerald Pointe Apartments at 111 Woodlawn Drive.
Dominy said witnesses told them 30-year-old Lamonte Harvey showed up outside of his ex-girlfriend's home, smashed a window in her car, hit her in the head and then shot her in the abdomen.
He said 26-year-old Takeisha Butts is now in stable condition at a Macon hospital.
Harvey turned himself in to police around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Dominy says Harvey is in the Laurens County jail facing several charges, including aggravated assault, battery, being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm and possessing a firearm while committing a crime.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Downtown Macon Second Street Corridor Project underway
- Iconic downtown Macon restaurant reopens Aug. 13
- Former 13WMAZ anchor files whistleblower lawsuit against Ga. National Guard
- Small Grease Fire at Fincher's Barbecue
- Macon hosted its first sponsorship by giving away backpacks loaded with school supplies.