Royals Rally as Bleckley and Dublin Split Games | HS Sports
Dewanda Blackshear had one three in the first quarter of Saturday's game in Dublin. In the fourth, she had five straight points, including a three with 35 seconds left, to give the Lady Royals a 37-36 lead. Dublin though would win on a tip in with three seconds remaining 37-36. Blackshear finished with a season high 12.
Despite a 15-point second quarter by Rydealous Taylor, the Royals found themselves down six to Dublin at halftime. Seven points by Ken Hughes and six by D'Andre Pitts helped rally BC to a 51-47 lead after three. Pitts had a three with a little over four minutes left in the game to break a 56-56 tie. It was part of a 13-6 finish in a 70-63 win.
Taylor finished with 28. Mario Beck scored 19. Hughes had all of his 13 points in the second half. The Lady Royals begin play at the Westside Shootout in Macon Tuesday. Their first opponent is Howard High School at 4 pm.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Downtown Macon Second Street Corridor Project underway
- Iconic downtown Macon restaurant reopens Aug. 13
- Former 13WMAZ anchor files whistleblower lawsuit against Ga. National Guard
- Small Grease Fire at Fincher's Barbecue
- Macon hosted its first sponsorship by giving away backpacks loaded with school supplies.