Gov. Deal Plans to Increase HOPE Funding | Families
ATLANTA (AP) - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is proposing to increase funding for the HOPE Scholarship program after the start of the 2013 legislative session Monday.
WSB-TV reports Deal is looking to increase funding to the scholarship program by 3 percent because of growing Georgia Lottery revenues.
The program's budget was cut two years ago and students who were offered full scholarships received 90 percent of their tuition.
The HOPE Scholarship program also funds pre-kindergarten programs in the state.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.