Woman Dies, Husband in Critical Condition After East Dublin Wreck | Families
Correction: This story originally incorrectly described the victim, Joni Clarke.
A Johnson County woman died and her husband and two children are hospitalized after an accident Sunday in East Dublin.
That's according to Nathan Stanley, a deputy coroner in Laurens County.
He identified the victim as Joni Marie (Barwick) Clarke, age 34, of Johnson County.
The three-vehicle accident happened around 12:20 at Highway 319 north and Zion Hill Church Road.
Stanley said Clarke, her husband, Joshua Ryan Clarke and her two young children, were riding in a Kia Optima. He did not know the names or ages of the chilldren.
He pronounced Joni Clarke dead on the scene around 1:10 p.m., he said. Joshua Clarke is in critical condition at the Medical Center of Central Georgia, Stanley said.
Stanley had no further information on the accident. The Georgia State Patrol is handling the case and their investigator could not be reached for comment.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.