Where You Live is WMAZ's hyperlocal feature. This means that we are helping bring you more community-specific news more often.
We have websites for these communities:
These community websites are a place for you and your community members to share information.
To join our team and share with folks just like yourself, all you have to do is email us your email address and name firstname.lastname@example.org
From there, we set up an account for you. This account lets you log in to your community site and post photo galleries, concerts, community events, 100th birthday parties, your concerns, latest creative projects, how-to advice and anything else you want people in your area to know.
Once you have an account, here are some examples of how you can stay involved Where You Live:
(These are just ideas to get you started. Feel free to come up with your own blog ideas!)
- Post about your hobby:
- Are you that person who always takes photos at the high school's football games or at community festivals? You can log in with your new account and create a gallery to show off your photos on our site.
- Have a story idea that may need a reporter in our newsroom? Send us a news tip by emailing email@example.com
- Where You Live is your space for public conversation. Feel free to comment on others' articles. New ideas can crop up just from simple conversations with others.
- See something bizarre around town? Take a (cell phone) photo and post it to your community site! Maybe someone else will know the background story.
- Add an event to our community calendar. Click "Add an Event" on your community site's event section.
- Like" us on Facebook to include your local news, breaking news and weather warnings and watches in your Facebook feed.
- Follow us on Twitter for breaking news and weather updates.