Dublin Pharmacist Receives National Recognition | Community Spirit
Dublin, Ga.'s own Bent Gay won national recognition at the Third Annual Next-Generation Pharmacist Awards event Tuesday.
That's according to a Next-Generation Pharmacist Awards news release.
He won the award Long-Term Care Pharmacist of the Year. Gay was selected for the honor out of 375 nominations in one of ten categories.
Winners in other categories were:
- Civic Leader of the Year: Peter Crouch, RPh, CCP, Eden Drug, Eden, N.C.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Joseph Moose, PharmD, Moose Pharmacy, Concord, N.C.
- Future Pharmacist of the Year: Sheri Winner, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lonnie Hollingsworth, PharmD, L&H Drugs, Lubbock, Texas
- Long-Term Care Pharmacist of the Year: Bent Gay, BSPharm, Dublin, Ga.
- Military Pharmacist of the Year: MAJ Debra Cosby, PharmD, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- Patient Care Provider of the Year: Marty Feltner, PharmD, Kohll’s Pharmacy and Homecare, Omaha, Neb.
- Rising Star of the Year: Zachary Marcum, PharmD, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Technician of the Year: Michelle Earich, CPhT, The Wellington Group, LLC, Medina, Ohio
- Technology Innovator of the Year: Stephen Vogt, PharmD, BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy, Altamonte Springs, Fla.