Salon writer calls Honey Boo Boo a 'tiny, dimpled monster' | Community Spirit
USA TODAY, Trey Barrineau
This is like finding out Santa Claus isn’t real.
It seems Alana Thompson, 9, the star of TLC’s reality-show hit Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (which returns for its fourth season tonight), might not be the adorable, precocious cherub America has come to know and love.
Fame has turned the little girl into “a tiny, dimpled monster,” writes Christy O’Shoney ofSalon, who was in the audience at last week’s Tonight Show when Honey Boo Boo and Mama June made an appearance:
“The Alana I saw on ‘The Tonight Show’ set was visibly troubled: disrespectful, defiant, entitled. Of course, with a bit of editing, ‘disrespectful’ becomes ‘precocious,’ ‘defiant’ becomes ‘sassy,’ and ‘entitled’ becomes ‘confident.’”
O’Shoney describes Honey Boo Boo’s bad behavior toward Mama June and Jimmy Fallon and the “eerie tension” of the interview, which was significantly edited down for broadcast.
Upcoming Events near Dublin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.