Top 5 Reasons to get outdoors & visit Dublin this weekend | Community Spirit
Celebrate summer and get outdoors!
1. Explore a world of flowers, trails, birds, and a creek at downtown’s Market on Madison farmers market on Saturday, May 24th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. With the best regional selection of fresh eggs, local honey, dairy, meat, sauces, jams, jellies, handcrafted home and garden items, and fresh picked fruits and vegetables, the Market offers everything you need for farm to table goodness less than 5 minutes off I-16 at exit 51! For more information, call Main Street Dublin at 478-272-2560, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.marketonmadison.com
2. Cool off with a wet’ n wild day as Southern Pines Splash Pad opens for the summer beginning Saturday, May 24th. At only $2 per person, load up the kids and head to 575 Southern Pines Road where a bucketful of fun awaits daily Monday – Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call 478-277-5060 or visit www.dlcga.org.
3. Ace your weekend at Riverview Golf Course where 18 holes of pure pleasure await along the banks of the Oconee River. Featuring a pro shop, three sets of tees for different skill levels, and a banquet facility, Riverview Golf Course is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at 100 Riverview Drive. For more information, call 478-275-464 or visit www.dublinriverview.com .
4. Cast your line at Hugh Gillis Public Fishing Area for largemouth bass, bluegill, channel catfish, crappie and redear sunfish on a 109 acre lake complete with boat ramps, picnic facilities, and picnic areas. Open Wednesday-Sunday from sunrise to sunset, Hugh Gillis PFA is located on US Hwy. 80 in East Dublin. For more information, call 478-296-6192.
5. Savor freshly grilled flavor at Southern Heritage BBQ with a delectable selection of pork, chicken, and sausage, and side options for your weekend picnic. From Brunswick stew to BBQ potatoes, Southern Heritage dishes up Southern flavor Monday-Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 2276 Veterans Boulevard or have them cater your next event. For more information, call 478-275-4304 or visit www.southernheritagebbq.com.