Top 12 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
1. Sponsored by Dublin Civitan Club, the Dublin Fall Fair is three days of family fun lasting from October 8th to October 11th from 6 pm-10 pm. Stroll the bright lights of the carnival midway with fun games and exciting rides like Viper, Wipe Out, Drop Tower, Fireball, and lots of kiddie rides. Sample carnival food favorites like funnel cakes, corn dogs, and fried candy bars! Put a smile on their face by purchasing a wristband on Saturday for unlimited rides and unlimited fun! Admission is $3, and the fairgrounds are located at 2503 Hwy 257. For more information call 478-277-3600, or visit www.VisitDublinGA.com.
2. Create a masterpiece at It’s Coon-Tagious, as artists Julie or Tiffany help you discover the new skills on Thursday, October 9th from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for $10 per person during Pumpkin Painting. Located at 1115 A Hillcrest Parkway, Coon-Tagious offers weekly painting events, parties, and kid’s classes. To register or for more information, call 478-697-5029 or visit http://itscoon-tagious.com/.
3. Put a little fright in your night as Haunted Montrose lures you in for a scare and fills your dreams with nightmares. A fear you have never experienced waits, and with every step, reaches further into your mind, building terror. Haunted Montrose is open Friday and Saturday at select times through November 2nd and is located at 1702 2nd Street in Montrose. For hours and tickets, visit www.hauntedmontrose.com.
4. Be frightfully entertained and save lives during Haunted Montrose’s American Red Cross Blood Drive on October 10th from 3 pm – 8 pm. Blood donors receive a free T-shirt and a free pass to all four attractions at Haunted Montrose, named One of America’s Best Haunts. Donate at 1702 Second Street in Montrose. For more information, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-Red-Cross.
5. Go hunt during archery deer hunting at Beaverdam Wildlife Management Area and River Bend WMA October 4th-10th and small game hunting October 11th-28th. You must sign in prior to hunting, and sign-out harvested game at the check station/kiosk on the day of harvest. Deer harvested on sign-in hunts must be recorded on your Deer Harvest Record and count toward your season limit. Located on Toomsboro Road, just off Highway 441 in Dublin, hunt from an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset. For more information, visit www.beaverdamwma.com and www.riverbendwma.com.
6. Shop The French Cart, located at 2618 Highway 29 South in Rockledge. Browse an amazing collection of French and English Antiques, home décor, vintage tools, Depression era glassware, and more. Open Friday, October 10th and Saturday, October 11th from 10am-5pm, The French Cart is offering 10% off all purchases. For more information, call 478-272-6035 or visit www.thefrenchcart.com.
7. Visit the Market on Madison farmers market on Saturday, October 11th, from 7:30am to 12:30pm for fresh selection of local and organic grown/made produce, jellies, and crafts. Enjoy free coffee and Pastries every Saturday during the month of October. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
8. Have a bushel of fun at TroupCorn on Saturday, October 11th from 10 am - 10 pm, with homegrown fun for the whole family in a rural farm setting. Attractions include: Black Pipe Swings, Bungee, Buried Tractor Tires, College Football Saturday Night, Corn Box, Corn Cannon, Corn Hole, Corn Maze, Cotton Wagon, Digging for Pennies, Duck Races, Family Dodge Ball, Farm Animal Petting Zoo, Fire Pits, Giant Jumping Pillow, Hay Jump, Hay Mountain, Horseshoe Course, Kids Playground, Live Music, Mini Hay Bale Maze, Outdoor Family Movie Night, Round-a-Round Swing, Pumpkin Patch, Sand Pile, Tractor Hay Rides, Tug-Of-War, Wooden Swing Sets. For more information call 478-697-3402, or visit www.Troupcorn.com.
9. Decorate Pumpkins with Pals at Dublin Mall on Saturday, October 11th from 11 am-2 pm. Benefiting W.I.N.G.S, cost is $5, and includes pumpkin, decorating items, coupons, cookies, and drinks. For more information call 478-272-5880, or visit www.wingsdublin.org.
10. Experience “The Singer’s Singer” live at Theatre Dublin Saturday, October 11th, when Gene Watson takes the stage with his band, recreating Watson’s original arrangements of classic musical hits like “Fourteen Carat Mind,” “Love in the Hot Afternoon,” and “Paper Rosie.” Located at 314 Academy Avenue, Theatre Dublin show starts at 7:30, and admission is $35.00. For more information call 478-277-5074, or visit www.theatredublinga.com.
11. Experience a taste of the wild during Rentz Baptist Church’s Wild Game Supper on Saturday, October 11th, at 6 pm with music, fellowship, and a supper hog, deer, squirrel, dove, fish, and delicious sides. Located at 1011 Bates Avenue in Rentz, call Rentz Baptist Church at 478-984-4657 for more information.
12. Hit a homerun on Saturday, October 11th from 9:30-noon, during Middle GA Buddy Ball, a tournament for special needs children who would not ordinarily have the opportunity to participate in team sports. For more information, call Michelle Hagenson at 478-983-2122.