Top 10 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
1. Put a little fright in your night as Haunted Montrose lures you in for a scare and fills your dreams with nightmares. A fear you have never experienced waits, and with every step, reaches further into your mind, building terror. Haunted Montrose is open Friday and Saturday at select times through November 2nd and is located at 1702 2nd Street in Montrose. For hours and tickets, visit www.hauntedmontrose.com.
2. Stay a cut above at J. Keyton Salon & Spa now located in the historic Fred Roberts Hotel at the Bicentennial Plaza next to Theatre Dublin at 306 Academy Avenue Suite B. Dublin’s only retailer of Aveda products, J. Keyton Salon & Spa offers cuts, color, and spa services. For more information call 478-272-9697.
3. Get swept away during the 75th Anniversary of Gone with the Wind with a screening at Carmike Cinemas on October 1stat 7pm. Film will be shown in same aspect ratio as it was originally shown 75 years ago. For more information call 478-274-9295, or visit www.carmikecinemas.com.
4. Colin Fountain lights up Downtown Dublin during the final First Friday of the season on at Market on Madison on Friday, October 3rd, at 7:30. Bring your coolers and chairs! For more information call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
5. Have a bushel of fun as TroupCorn opens October 4th, with homegrown fun for the whole family in a rural farm setting. Attractions include: Black Pipe Swings, Bungee, Buried Tractor Tires, College Football Saturday Night, Corn Box, Corn Cannon, Corn Hole, Corn Maze, Cotton Wagon, Digging for Pennies, Duck Races, Family Dodge Ball, Farm Animal Petting Zoo, Fire Pits, Giant Jumping Pillow, Hay Jump, Hay Mountain, Horseshoe Course, Kids Playground, Live Music, Mini Hay Bale Maze, Outdoor Family Movie Night, Round-a-Round Swing, Pumpkin Patch, Sand Pile, Tractor Hay Rides, Tug-Of-War, Wooden Swing Sets. For more information call 478-697-3402, or visit www.Troupcorn.com.
6. Visit the Market on Madison farmers market on Saturday, October 4th, from 7:30am to 12:30pm for fresh selection of local and organic grown/made produce, jellies, and crafts. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
7. Golf the day away at the 27th Annual Greg Couey Cystic Fibrosis Golf Tournament held at Riverview Golf Course October 4th. Start times are 8am and 1pm. The tournament is a four man scramble, with four flights and teams complete for a first place prize of 4 rib-eye loins, and second place prize of 4 pork loins, and a third place prize of 4 country hams. Entry fee for a team is $250. For more information, call Jamie McDaniel 478-955-9164.
8. Shop The French Cart, located at 2618 Highway 29 South in Rockledge. Browse an amazing collection of French and English Antiques, home décor, vintage tools, Depression era glassware, and more. Open Friday, October 3rd and Saturday, October 4th from 10am-5pm, The French Cart is offering 10% off all purchases. For more information, call 478-272-6035 or visit www.thefrenchcart.com.
9. Locally owned and known for the best BBQ in Dublin, Southern Heritage is located at 2276 Veterans Blvd., and serves the best pork sandwiches, BBQ baked potatoes, Brunswick stew, and ribs around! If its flavor you’re craving, Southern Heritage dishes up slow cooked Southern favorites that have earned Georgia its ranking as the #1 state for BBQ. For more information call 479-275-4304, or visit www.southernheritagebbq.com.
10. Go hunt at Adult-Child/Either Sex Hunt at Beaverdam Wildlife Management Area and River Bend Wildlife Management Area now through October 3rd. You must sign in prior to hunting, and sign-out your harvested game at the check station/kiosk on the day of harvest. Deer harvested on sign-in hunts must be recorded on your Deer Harvest Record and count toward your season limit. For more information visit www. beaverdamwma.com and www.riverbendwma.com.