Top 9 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
Thrills, chills, and deals await in Dublin weekend.
1. Go hunt during Archery Deer Hunting at Beaverdam and River Bend Wildlife Management Areas through September 26th. You must sign in prior to hunting, and sign-out harvested game at the check station/kiosk on the day of harvest. Deer harvested on sign-in hunts must be recorded on your Deer Harvest Record and count toward your season limit. Located on Toomsboro Road, just off Highway 441 in Dublin, hunt from an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset. For more information, visit www.beaverdamwma.com.
2. Shop ‘til you drop at Mint Boutique’s moving sale Friday, September 26th and Saturday, September 27th with special markdowns as low as 50-70% off, plus a $10 clearance rack! Get ready as Mint prepares for the grand opening of their new location at 2376 Hwy 80 W on October 18th from 10 am-6 pm. For more information call 478-278-4854 or visit www.shopthemintboutique.com
3. Dance the night away with live music by Reckless at THE 604 on Friday, September 26th from 8:30 pm-12 am. Relax with friends on the new outdoor terrace while enjoying Chef’s James’ cuisines or a specialty beverage. For more information call 478-272-6048 or visit www.club604dublin.com.
4. Explore a world of possibilities at Emma Laura’s fall fashion event Friday, September 26th and Saturday, September 27th. Shop Emma Laura’s extensive offering of high-end finery, and receive a free gift! Spend $25 or more for a free long sleeve comfort colors tee. Emma Laura outfits her clientele in head to toe luxury with lines like Brighton, Frye, Johnny Was, Level 99, Driftwood, Gabriel Co., Chamilia, faire, Old Gringo, and more. For more information call 478-272-2095 or visit www.emmalaura.com.
5. Put a little fright in your night as Haunted Montrose lures you in for a scare and fills your dreams with nightmares. A fear you have never experienced waits, and with every step, reaches further into your mind, building terror. Haunted Montrose opens Friday, September 26th through November 2nd and is located at 1702 2nd Street in Montrose. For hours and tickets, visit www.hauntedmontrose.com.
6. Visit the Market on Madison farmers market on Saturday, September 27th, from 7:30am to 12:30pm for fresh selection of local and organic grown/made produce, jellies, and crafts. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
7. Enjoy Georgia State Park Day with free admission at all Georgia State Parks on Saturday, September 27th. Explore Little Ocmulgee State Park and its lodge, restaurant, lake, animals, trails, and golf course. For more information call 229-868-7474 or visit www.gastateparks.org.
8. Get outdoors during National Hunting and Fishing Day at Hugh Gillis Public Fishing Area on Saturday, September 27th. For a list of free events visit www.georgiawildlife.org.
9. Help keep Dublin-Laurens beautiful during Keep Rivers Alive 2014 at Laurens County Sportsman Club on Saturday, October 4th from 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Sponsored by Georgia Environmental Protection Division, Watershed Division, and Laurens County Sportsman’s Club, Keep Rivers Alive preserves our rivers and streams. To volunteer for the clean-up, call 478-277-5094 or email Kdlbol@gmail.com.