Top 6 Reasons to Visit Dublin this Weekend | Arts & Culture
Get busy with a visit to Dublin this weekend:
1. Go hunt during archery deer hunting at Beaverdam Wildlife Management Area now through September 26th. You must sign in prior to hunting, and sign-out harvested game at the check station/kiosk on the day of harvest. Deer harvested on sign-in hunts must be recorded on your deer harvest record and count toward your season limit. Located on Toomsboro Road, just off Highway 441 in Dublin, hunt from an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset. For more information, visit www. beaverdamwma.com.
2. Experience the talents of New York Metropolitan Opera star Jeffrey Wells live at Dublin Farm accompanied at the piano by Judith Cole of the Atlanta Pops on Saturday, September 20th. With over 32 years as an international opera singer, Wells has performed throughout the country, and was also was part of a Grammy Award-winning production of Antony and Cleopatra, singing the title role of Antony. For more information call 478-275-8766 or visit www.dublinfarm.com.
3. Dance the night away with live music by Reckless at THE 604 on Friday, September 19th from 8:30pm-12am. Relax with friends on the new outdoor terrace while enjoying Chef’s James’ cuisines or a specialty beverage. For more information call 478-272-6048 or visit www.club604dublin.com.
4. Show your love for wrestling on Saturday, September 20th as Allied Independent Wrestling Federations and P.O.W. (Passion of Wrestling) present “When Monsters Collide” with the title match pitting P.O.W. Champion Logan Creed against challenger Geter at West Laurens Middle School Gym. Billed as “Wrestling’s Most Dangerous Weapon,” Geter looks to unbelt P.O.W.’s newest champion, Logan Creed. Other bouts will feature Fred Yehi and Steve “PYB” Goins.Door open at 7:00 PM with bell time at 7:30 PM.Tickets are $10 for front row or $5.00 general admission and advance tickets can be purchased by calling 478-998-3228 or 478-998-1042.
5. Visit the Market on Madison Farmers Market on Saturday, September 20th, from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm for fresh selection of local and organic grown/made produce, jellies, and crafts. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
6. Whether you’re a career girl, free spirit, or college bound, we have something for everyone at Mint Boutique, located at 913 Hillcrest Parkway. A one stop shop for womens clothing, jewelry, and accessories, our brands include Karlie, Betsy Pittard Designs, Others Follow, Blu Pepper, Angry Rabbit, THML, and Bent by Courtney. Shop Monday - Friday 8:30 am-6 pm and Saturday 8:30am-5pm or visit www.shopthemintboutique.com.