Top 10 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Week | Arts & Culture
1. Go fish during National Hunting & Fishing Day on September 11th from 7 am to 11 am at Hugh Gillis Public Fishing Area. Designed to introduce young anglers to fishing, Kids Fishing Events are hosted by Georgia Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Resources Division. Hugh Gillis PFA is located at 174-198 Keens Crossing Road just off Highway 80, in East Dublin. For more information visit www.georgiawildlife.com or call 478-296-6192.
2. Final days to get inspired with Inspired Georgia: 28 Works from Georgia’s State Art Collection! The last day to experience this exhibit is Thursday, September 11th from 10 am to 6 pm at the Dublin Carnegie in Downtown Dublin. Call 478-272-2560 or visit www.dublincarnegie.com for more information.
3. Shop The French Cart, located at 2618 HWY 29 South in Rockledge. Browse an amazing collection of French and English Antiques, home décor, vintage tools, Depression era glassware, and more. Open Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13th from 10am-5pm, The French Cart is offering 10% off all purchases. For more information, call 478-272-6035 or visit www.thefrenchcart.com.
4. Dance the night away with live music by The Midlife Chryslers at THE 604 on Friday, September 12th from 8:30pm-12am. Relax with friends on the new outdoor terrace while enjoying Chef’s James’ cuisines or a specialty beverage. For more information call 478-272-6048 or visit www.club604dublin.com.
5. Visit the Market on Madison Farmers Market on Saturday, September 13th, from 7:30am to 12:30pm for fresh selection of local and organic grown/made produce, jellies, and crafts. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
6. Delight in the Miss Black Festival Pageant on Saturday, September 13th at 7:30 pm at Theatre Dublin. For more information, call 478-272-2560 and visit www.theatredublinga.com.
7. Go hunt during Archery Deer Hunting at Beaverdam Wildlife Management Area from September 13-26th. You must sign in prior to hunting, and sign-out harvested game at the check station/kiosk on the day of harvest. Deer harvested on sign-in hunts must be recorded on your Deer Harvest Record and count toward your season limit. Located on Toomsboro Road, just off Highway 441 in Dublin, hunt from an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset. For more information, visit www. beaverdamwma.com.
8. Get active on Saturday, September 13th during the Kids Triathlon at Dublin Country Club beginning at 8 a.m. Bike, swim, and run to win a medal and timing chip similar to those the Ironman athletes receive. Participants age 6-15 are welcome and should be present by 7:50 a.m.
9. Browse The Exchange's new location at 201 W. Jackson Street in Downtown Dublin. The Exchange is the trendiest vendor style boutique you'll find. The Exchange is the trendiest vendor style boutique specializing in boutique clothing, jewelry, accessories, furniture, home decor, monogramming and more! For more information call 478-595-0181 or visit shoptheexchange.co.
10. Hungry? Delight in Little Tokyo located at 1100 Hillcrest Parkway, where fresh sushi, sashimi, and hibachi specialties await! Dine in for lunch or dinner with a hibachi master chef who puts on an amusing show while he prepares your meal. For more information, call 478-296-9228.