Top 9 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Week | Arts & Culture
1. Pack up the kids for the Royal Rodeo Kidz Krusade on August 24-27 from 6 pm - 8:30 pm for ages 3-12 at Light House Church. Located at 315 Dewey Warnock Road in East Dublin, the Royal Rodeo promises lots of fun! For more information call 478-274-1004 or visit www.thats-my-church.com.
2. Celebrate 30 years of business with The Olive Branch during their week-long sale, Monday, August 25th through Friday, August 29th. Enjoy daily door prizes and deep discounts building up to a store-wide sale on Saturday, August 30th with 30% off from 11 am - 1 pm, with food and fellowship. For more information, call 478-272-3203 or visit www.eolivebranch.com.
3. Sing along with Cosmic Groove, Michelle Simpson, Dan King Sr. and Mike Ward on Friday, August 29th at 5:30 p.m.at the Possum Hollow Ball Field during the 5th Friday Sing in Dexter. Ricky Thomas will provide food and drinks. Show time starts at 7:30 and don’t forget your own chair. In the event of rain, it will moved to the Dexter Community Center.
4. Dance the night away with live music by Reckless at THE 604 on Friday, August 29th from 8:30 pm-12 am. Relax with friends on the new outdoor terrace while enjoying Chef’s James’ cuisines or a specialty beverage. For more information call 478-272-6048 or visit www.club604dublin.com.
5. Visit the Market on Madison farmers market on Saturday, August 30th, from 7:30am to 12:30pm for the freshest varieties of local, organic fruits and vegetables, preserves and jellies, and handcrafted artisan crafts. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com.
6. Last chance to cool off for the summer at Southern Pines Regional Park’s Splash Pad, where buckets of fun await for only $2 per person. Say goodbye to summer on Saturday from 10 am-6 pm and Sunday 1 pm- 6 pm at 575 Southern Pines Road. The Splash Pad will close for the season after Sunday. For more information, call 478-277-5060 or visit www.dlcra.org.
7. Have you ever looked at a flower and wished you could capture it in art? Join artist Toni Carlucci on Saturday, August 30th from 11am- 12pm at the Market on Madison for Just My Imagination Workshop. Designed for 8-14 year olds, this workshop will help you learn some of the secrets to drawing plants, flowers, and other natural objects using techniques that are fun, effective and easy to practice at home. For more information call 478-272-2560 or visit www.dublincarnegie.com.
8. Get inspired with Inspired Georgia: 28 Works from Georgia’s State Art Collection, Monday-Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday from 12-6 at the Dublin Carnegie in Downtown Dublin. Call 478-272-2560 or visit www.dublincarnegie.com for more information.
9. Hunt River Bend and Beaverdam Wildlife Management Areas August 15th through September 12th for small game hunting. Hunt times are from an hour before sunrise and an hour after sunset. For license requirements, please visit gohuntgeorgia.com. For more information, visit www.riverbendwma.com or www.beaverdamwma.com.