Top 10 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
From the great outdoors to great art, there's plenty to do ahead of the curve in Dublin!
1. Hunt River Bend and Beaverdam Wildlife Management Areas August 15th through September 12th for small game hunting. Hunt times are from an hour before sunrise and an hour after sunset. For license requirements, please visit gohuntgeorgia.com. For more information, visit www.riverbendwma.com or www.beaverdamwma.com .
2. Toss a few at The Loft’s Cornhole Tournament Thursday, August 21st from 7:30pm-11pm with cash prizes for 1st & 2nd place. Cost is $15 for a single entry and $30 per 2-team entry and you must be 21 or older to enter or attend. Experience the new outdoor terrace while enjoying THE 604’s full menu and drink specialties. For more information, call 478-272-6048 or visit http://club604dublin.com/.
3. Get inspired with Inspired Georgia: 28 Works from Georgia’s State Art Collection, Monday-Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday from 12-6 at the Dublin Carnegie in Downtown Dublin. Call 478-272-2560 or visit dublincarnegie.com for more information.
4. Celebrate with live music by Tres Hombres at THE 604 on Friday, August 22nd from 8:30pm-12am. For more information call 478-272-6048 or visit www.club604dublin.com.
5. Visit the Market on Madison Farmers Market on Saturday, August 23rd, from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm for a fresh selection of local and organic produce, jellies, and crafts. For more information, call 478-272-2560 or visit www.marketonmadison.com
6. Shop The Freckled Frog for a whimsical journey through home decor, seasonal decor, baby products, children toys, clothing, jewelry, luggage, pocketbooks, and tons of personalized items! Visit them at 2378 US Hwy 80 W or call 478-274-8484.
7. Audition at the Theatre of Dublin for The Nutcracker Saturday, August 23rd from 8:30 am -5 pm. Audition cost is $10 and appropriate attire is required. Please call 478-275-1972 or 912-253-0404 for more information.
8. Taste a whole hog Pig Pickin with all the fixins’ prepared by Waylon Hitchcock at Roche Farm & Garden on Saturday, August 23rd from 10 am-3 pm. Register to win a wild game deer feeder or one of many door prizes given away every 30 minutes with a live remote from Y-96. For more information, call 478-272-3340 or visit http://www.gotoroche.com/.
9. Cool off at Southern Pines Regional Park’s Splash Pad, where buckets of fun await for $2 per person. Open each Saturday from 10 am – 6 pm and Sunday 1 pm-6 pm through August 31st. For more information, call 478-277-5060 or visit www.dlcra.org.
10. Browse The Treasure Store for 10,000 sq. ft. of interesting antiques, collectible items, hobby furniture, and much more. Located at 600 Kellam Road, The Treasure Store is open Tuesday-Saturday, 9:30-5:30. For more information, call 478-275-2449 visit thetreasurestoredublin.com