Top 10 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
1. Audition for one of America’s Best Haunts at Haunted Montrose on Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 at 5pm in Montrose at 1702 Second Street. Put your talent to work as one of at least 100 haunted actors, five frightful makeup artists, or in a scare-free role. For more information please call 478-246-4687 or visit www.HauntedMontrose.com.
2. Honor Veterans as the Dublin Carl Vinson VA Medical Center hosts The Vietnam Memorial Moving Wall August 14th – August 17th. Open daily for twenty-four hours after the opening ceremony, The Wall allows the souls enshrined on the Memorial to exist once more among family and friends in the peace and comfort of familiar surroundings and offers solace and education to new generations. Admission is free. For more information call 478-689-5035, or visit http://www.visitdublinga.com/events/vietnam-veterans-memorial-moving-wall/
3. Show your love for wrestling as Allied Independent Wrestling Federations and P.O.W. (Passion of Wrestling) present “Nowhere to Hide” with the steel cage title match pitting P.O.W. Champion Tyson Dean against challenger Logan Creed at West Laurens Middle School Gym. Other bouts will feature Tetchi Makuji, G-Club, Joey Kidman, Steve Lowery, Dr. Brock, Pain, Chris Nelms, Scott Cage, and Dementia Rose. Door open at 7:00 PM with bell time at 7:30 PM at 332 West Laurens School Road. Tickets are $10 for front row or $5.00 general admission. For advanced tickets call 478-998-3228 or 478-998-1042.
4. Explore a variety of taste sensations! Whether it’s a sophisticated atmosphere with menus offering the freshest ingredients, at THE 604 with live music by Bob Williamson on Friday, August 15th at 8:30 pm, or Southern specialties at Fritters, Dublin offers flavor for every palate. Take a break at Fritters: Dine outside, discover their new Early Bird & Seniors Menu, or relax with Fritters’ free delivery now available from 11pm-5pm with no minimum. Call 478-272-5256 or visit http://www.friters.biz
5. Head to Downtown Dublin for inspiration at the Market Madison’s farmers market on Saturday, August 16th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Inspired Georgia: 28 Works from Georgia’s State Art Collection, Monday-Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday from 12-6 at the Dublin Carnegie. Call 478-272-2560 or visit dublincarnegie.com for more information.