Top 5 Reasons to Visit Dublin this Week | Arts & Culture
Top 5 reasons to visit Dublin this weekend
1. Kick your weekend off at THE 604’s Five Course Beer & Food Tasting on Thursday, July 17th beginning at 7 p.m. Chef James’ menu includes savory favorites like cornmeal crusted oysters, pulled pork, citrus infused chicken, and BBQ short ribs as well as a sweet grilled peach served with vanilla ice cream. Each course will be accompanied by a beer pairing selected by Ben Berg. Reservations are required by calling 478-272-6048. THE 604 is located at 604 Academy Avenue, and for more information visit www.club604dublin.com.
2. Get your weekend rockin’ as Theatre Dublin presents Chasing the Dream: A Tribute to Elvis on Thursday, July 17th at 7 p.m. With a voice and styling reminiscent of The King, performer Travis Powell captures the magic of Elvis live. Tickets are $25 for general admission and $40 for reserved seating, and can be purchased by calling 478-277-5074 or visiting www.theatredublinga.com.
3. Gather your family and friends, bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and picnic as Southern Pines Regional Park is transformed into a drive-in movie theatre complete with a 100-foot screen showing the family favorite, "Monsters University" on Friday, July 18th. Held in the grassy area next to the Splash Pad, enjoy a movie under the stars where movie favorites like popcorn and hotdogs will be available at the concession stand. Admission is free, and the show begins at dark. For more information, call Dublin-Laurens County Recreation Authority at 478-277-5060 or visit www.dlcra.org.
4. Head to downtown Dublin to Theatre Dublin for the free Kid's Summer Movie Series, with a showing of "The Nut Job" on Tuesday, July 22nd at 10 a.m. Admission is free, and a kid's popcorn and a drink special will be offered for $2.00. For more information, call Dublin-Laurens County Recreation Authority at 478-277-5060 or visit www.dlcra.org.
5. Learn how you can live life ahead of the curve during Open House at Moore Station Village on Tuesday, July 22nd from 6 pm to 8 pm. Tour the grounds, view the energy efficient models, and relax with food and drink. Moore Station Village is located at 201 Village Drive, and for more information, call 478-272-9000 or visit www.moorestationvillage.com.