Top 5 Reasons to Visit Downtown Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
Color your weekend busy with these fresh ideas and a Visit to Dublin!
- Sing spring’s arrival on Friday, April 4th with downtown Dublin’s First Friday Concert at the Market on Madison from 7:30 to 10 p.m. Bring your lawn chairs and coolers, and kick back with the family as Days After Band takes the stage with their homegrown rock and roll. Swing by Stone Horse Tavern, Thigpen's BBQ, or Lil Tom's Fish Market for extraordinary eats to enjoy during the concert.
- Grow your love of downtown at the opening of the farmers market on Saturday, April 5th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Market on Madison. From fresh eggs, local honey, and selection of farm fresh fruits and vegetables, the Market offers everything you need for farm to table goodness! For more information, call Main Street Dublin at 478-272-2560 or email email@example.com.
- Gathered basketfuls of farmers market goodies? Be inspired while supporting new growth of the market by purchasing a copy of Anne Shearouse Smith’s cookbook Tasty Treasures for Your Table and sampling Mayor Phil Best’s fold overs hot off the grill from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Market on Madison. All donations will benefit new projects for new growth at the farmers market.
- Get colorful with a visit to Black’s Seed Store for annuals, perennials, and a world of gardening supplies to color your yard lovely and gardening tips from local landscaping professionals. Black Seed Store is located in the heart of downtown at 110 Roosevelt Street or call 478-272-4822.
- Bask in an evening of classic country joy as Theatre Dublin presents Grand Ole Opry members Jim Ed Brown and Helen Cornelius on Saturday, April 5th at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $32 in advance from Linda's Emporium (Dublin Mall), First Laurens Bank, and Morris Bank or $35 at the door. Theatre Dublin is located at 314 Academy Avenue, and for more information call 478-272-5870.