Top 5 reasons to visit Dublin this weekend | Arts & Culture
Continue the craic in true Irish spirit as Dublin’s 49th Annual St. Patrick’s Festival heads downtown for the biggest jig of them all: Super Saturday!
1. Fuel up first with the Dublin Exchange Club’s Pancake Supper on Thursday, March 20th from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Dublin Middle School. Load your plate with all you can eat hot off the griddle pancakes for $6 in advance from First Laurens Community Bank, Capitol City Bank, or any Exchange Club member, $7 at the door, and free admission for children under 5.
2. Forgot to wear green? In a pinch, stop by Dublin’s Visitors Information Center for official St. Patrick’s Festival souvenirs. From pint glasses, grits, scarves and pins, we’ll deck you out in true Irish fashion. Stop by 102 Travel Center Blvd. off exit 51 on I-16 for directions, maps, and coupons to help you stay ahead of the curve. Open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or VisitDublinGA.
3. Explore the best of Downtown Dublin during the St. Patrick’s Arts & Crafts Festival on Saturday, March 22nd from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. as live music, artisans, and food take center stage at Market on Madison and Bicentennial Plaza for a jig of epic proportions! With over 85 artisans, a petting zoo, and rides and amusements for the whole family, Dublin overs a world of fun to explore! For more information, contact Tara Bradshaw, Arts & Crafts Festival Chair with Main Street Dublin at 478-272-2560, email@example.com, or www.dublinmainstreet.com.
4. Gear up for Dublin's Annual Leprechaun Road Race featuring a 1K Fun Run/Walk, 5K, and 10K where the whole family can run to support charity on Saturday, March 22nd at 8 a.m. Get those Irish eyes smiling and feet moving in support of CASA, King's Cleft Children's Home, and WINGS in the race to crown the fastest leprechaun! Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. at Dublin High School located at 1127 Hillcrest Parkway or visit racerpal.com. Call 478-274-3990 for more information.
5. Hungry like an Irishman? With live music on Friday from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. by Days After Band and a menu full of Irish delights like corned beef & cabbage, bangers & mash, and green beer, Stone Horse Tavern will have your stomach singing a ballad. Don’t miss their 2nd Annual St. Patrick’s Super Bass party featuring DJ Redrum on Saturday, March 22nd at 8.pm.