Top 5 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
- Green up for Saint Patrick’s! Visit CASA at 1347 North Jefferson Street Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to purchase your official hand tied bows through March 22nd. Select from assorted sizes, or place your special order to celebrate your unique Irish spirit. For more information call 478-275-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Savor downtown Dublin as it fires up for Pig in the Park BBQ Championship which pits competitors against each other during the kickoff of downtown Dublin's First Friday Concert Series. Find your groove at the Market on Madison Friday night beginning at 7:30. Local Delta blues artist, John Simpson, opens the show for Big Daddy & Company, who craft a unique blend of classic rock and Billboard Top 100 hits. Grab your coolers, lawn chairs and friends and family as downtown spices up with food vendors, rides for the kids, and music sure to light up your night. The competition and family fun continues Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and culminates in the naming of the BBQ Champion! Market on Madison is located at 314 W. Madison Street. For more information, contact Main Street Dublin at 478-272-2560, email email@example.com, or visit www.dublinmainstreet.com.
- Wag your tail at the annual St. PAWtrick’s Pet Costume Contest on Saturday, March 8th at 10 a.m. at Bicentennial Plaza in downtown Dublin. For a $10 donation, pets will strut their stuff on the Plaza to win terrific prizes. All proceeds benefit the Dublin-Laurens Humane Society, and proof of current rabies vaccination is required to participate. For more information, please call 478-304-3397.
- Score your official St. Patrick’s souvenirs at Dublin Regional Visitors Information Center located off exit 51 at 102 Travel Center Boulevard. From scarves and local handmade pottery to limited edition pint glasses and pins, the Visitors Center is your one stop St. Patrick's souvenir shop. Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, please call 478-272-4002, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.visitdublinga.com.
- Didn’t eat enough BBQ? Pig out at Thigpen’s BBQ. Located at 109 W. Jackson Street, Thigpen’s tickles your taste buds with their specialty BBQ baked potato, home style Brunswick stew, and ribs. Thigpen’s is open Tuesday- Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For reservations, call 478-353-1021.