Top 6 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Valentine's Day | Arts & Culture
Grab your sweetheart and melt hearts with a visit to Dublin this Valentine’s Day!
1. Put some South in your mouth with a Valentine’s feast at Lil Tom’s Fish Market on Madison located at 109 West Madison Street in downtown Dublin. Lil Tom’s offers sweet deals on their platters for two featuring crispy fried shrimp and oysters, succulent crab legs, and their low country boil, cooked fresh just for you. Open Monday through Wednesday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday from 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Check out their full menu at liltoms.com or call 478-304-1111.
2. Show your Valentine how precious she is with a gift from Emma Laura- Graceful Gold. Featuring the exclusive line of Organic Tagua Jewelry handmade by Ecuadorian artesian using eco-friendly materials, Emma Laura-Graceful Gold also stocks the latest Frye boots and Brighton sterling jewelry. Emma Laura- Graceful Gold is located at 2032B Veterans Boulevard, across from the Dublin Mall. Hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information visit www.gracefulgold.com or call 478-272-2095.
3. Capture a romantic memory you’ll cherish with a stroll through downtown Dublin and Bicentennial Plaza. Cap off the romance with a visit to award-winning Deano’s Italian for Chilean sea bass, twin Maine lobster tails, or a mouth-watering 8 oz. filet. With suggestions for wine pairings and their traditional Valentine chocolate- covered strawberries, Deano’s crafts a night you’ll remember. Reservations are strongly recommended, and can be made by calling 478-275-1117. Taste why Deano’s has become a Dublin landmark by visiting deanos-italian.com or visiting Deano’s at 112 West Jackson Street.
4. Show your devotion with a stop at Classic Florist. Located at 913 Hillcrest Parkway, Classic Florist offers everything from lush roses to fine accessories and home décor. Now stocking 2014 spring line of Vera Bradley handbags and gourmet treats from Caroletta’s Cakes, Classic Florist is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, please call 478-272-7681.
5. Allow Chef James Barwick to tempt your taste buds with a romantic meal at Club 604. Located at 604 Academy Avenue, Club 604 offers all of the little extras to make your evening special. Revel in a splendid three-course surf and turf dinner, ask artisan bartender, Ben, for wine pairing selections, and don’t miss Cosmic Groove and their live music to sweep you off your feet. Service begins at 5 p.m. and reservations are required by calling 478-272-6048.
6. Insure Cupid’s heart skips a beat on Friday, February 14th, as the Dublin Laurens Arts Council hosts Jump Start Your Heart, an evening of fine dining and dancing at the Dublin Country Club. A reception at 6:30 p.m. will be followed by an extravagant buffet dinner at 7:00 p.m. featuring the musical talents of pianist Henry L. King. Dance the night away with the Eight Track Flashback as they present Music through the Decades, a high -spirited program sure to jump start your heart. Reservations are $50 per individual or $400 per table of eight. Seating is limited so please RSVP by February 11, 2014 by mailing a check made payable to: Dublin Laurens Arts Council, P.O. Box 2006, Dublin, GA 31040.