Top 5 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
From American roots rock to fertile ideas for your home and garden, spring to life with a visit Dublin this weekend!
1. Roll on over to Shamrock Bowling Center to get your inner child smiling! Located at 104 Bowling Lane, Shamrock Bowling Center offers twenty four lanes of family fun, instant access bumper pads for the kids, and tasty food options like grilled chicken melts and chili cheese fries at Simple’s Café. Ask about Shamrock’s three game weekend special. Open Friday-Saturday 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Please call 478-272-2477 or visit www.shamrockbowlingcenter.com for more information.
2. Experience the artistry of authentic Southern recipes handed down from generation to generation at the 2nd Annual Soul Food Expo on Saturday, February 8th from noon to 2 p.m. at Dublin Middle School located at 1501 N Jefferson Street. Sponsored by the Dublin-Laurens Black Festival Committee, the Soul Food Expo offers the opportunity sample the delight that is true Southern soul food. Admission is $5, and for more information call Tina Ivey at 478-275-0679.
3. Sweeten the weekend with a little shopping at The Freckled Frog! Inspire the little ones with a Valentine’s treat from Melissa and Doug Toys, now 25% off. With on-site monogramming, candles by Tyler Candle Company, exclusive jewelry by John Wind, and more, your sweetheart will delight in a gift from The Freckled Frog. Conveniently located at 2378 Hwy 80 West, The Freckled Frog is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday’s from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
4. Kick back at the Stone Horse Tavern Saturday, February 8th at 9 p.m. with singer/songwriter Travis Egnor and Friends. Travis embodies the soulful folk influences of Neil Young, Wilco, and Bob Dylan. Described as “a slice of Indie Americana with a tremendous amount of talent and heart”, catch Travis and his friends, Wood and Josh, as they weave music and stories for a night full of melodic mischief. Add a meal of Stone Horse’s homemade sangria and secret recipe chicken and waffles for a magical night. Stone Horse Tavern is located at 110 West Jackson Street or call 478-272-0076 for more info.
5. Jumpstart your spring garden with a visit to Roche Farm and Garden. Nestled snuggly against the Oconee River, at 803 E. Jackson Street, Roche Farm and Garden offers an abundance of seeds, plants, garden décor, and supplies. Offering the convenience of quality gardening items and the beauty that makes Dublin worth visiting, Roche Farm and Garden is open Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm. Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm. After shopping, to stroll the scenic Oconee River Walk located next to Roche.