Top 5 Reasons to Visit Dublin This Weekend | Arts & Culture
1. Downtown Dublin’s newest dining destination, Thigpen’s BBQ opens Friday, December 13th at 11 a.m. Located at 109 W. Jackson Street, Thigpen’s BBQ serves up the best ribs, chicken, and BBQ with finger lickin’ sides like Brunswick stew, mac and cheese, slaw, and beans. Order up lunch and dinner by calling 478-353-1021 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Tschaikovsky’s beloved melodies transform Theatre Dublin during the production of “The Nutcracker.” Be transported to a magical world where mischievous mice besiege a battalion of soldiers and an onstage blizzard leads to an enchanted Land of Sweets. Theatre Dublin’s “The Nutcracker” features a cast of more than 75, glorious sets, magical special effects, and performances by professional and local dancers. Show times are Saturday, December 14th at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Sunday, December 15th at 2 p.m. Tickets start at $15 and are available at www.theatredublinga.com , by calling 478-277-5074, or at the Theatre Dublin box office.
Stockings to fill? Nutcracker souvenir cups will be available at the concession stand during each performance for $7.00 each.
3. Add some magic to the season by visiting the 4th Annual Pilot’s Polar Express on December 13th and 14thstarting at 4:30 p.m. at Laurens County Baptist Association located at 1882 Trinity Hills Drive. Children will have the pleasure of sipping chocolate milk and nibbling cookies while traveling to the North Pole to visit with Santa and his elves at his workshop. Tickets are $5 per person and can be purchased at the door.
4. Need to escape the holiday hustle and bustle? Hunt River Bend WMA! Firearms buck hunting is Thursday, December 12th, with firearm hunting of either sex December 13th and 14th. Small game and dove hunting runs December 15th-31st. For license requirements, visit www.gohuntgeorgia.org or stop by Dublin Visitors Center at 102 Travel Center Blvd. For more information, visit www.riverbendwma.com
5. Strap on those dancing shoes at CLUB 604 on Friday, December 12th with The Midlife Chryslers and Saturday, December 13th at 7pm with the music of Marti Ashley and her One-Woman Band. Sample Chef Barwick’s Fried Chicken with mac n' cheese & sautéed green beans. CLUB 604 is located at 604 Academy Avenue, and the cover charge is $5. Visit www.club604dublin.com or call 478-272-6048 for more information.